SFT Japan has organized the first screening of the film "Leaving Fear Behind" with Japanese subtitles in Japan.
Leaving Fear Behind (in Tibetan, Jigdrel) is a heroic film shot by Tibetans from inside Tibet, who longed to bring Tibetan voices to the Beijing Olympic Games. With the global spotlight on China as it rises to host the XXIX Olympics, Tibetans wish to tell the world of their plight and their heartfelt grievances against Chinese rule. The footage was smuggled out of Tibet under extraordinary circumstances. The filmmakers were detained soon after sending their tapes out, and remain in detention today.
For more information on the film itself, please see the Leaving Fear Behind home page: http://www.leavingfearbehind.com
- Utsunomiya, Tochigi February 7, 2009
- IIda, Nagano February 7, 2009
- Bunkyo, Tokyo February 8, 2009
- Sapporo February 26 and 28, 2009
- Kyoto March 20, 21 and 22, 2009
- Feb 7th, 2009 at 2:00 pm
- Utsunomiya Sogo Fukushi Center 4th Fl. AV Room（1-1-15, Chuo, Utsunomiya, Tochigi)
- Entrance fee:
- Tibetochi (Tibet Support Group Tochigi)